Be a CSAwesome Master Teacher
Job Summary. CSAwesome Master Teachers are a critical and important part of supporting the success of the project. Master teachers work closely with a small group of 10-15 participating teachers in a professional learning community (PLC). Master teachers provide ongoing support and encouragement throughout the professional development and school year.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field
- Successfully completed Mobile CSP and/or CSAwesome professional development
- Taught the AP CS A or CSAwesome course at least one year
- Familiarity with the CSAwesome curriculum materials
- Competence with various tools and technologies used in the CSAwesome course
- Commitment to improving the teaching and learning of novice computer science teachers
- Desire to learn how to support adult learners
- Demonstrated strong cross-cultural skills, promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion
Dates. Check our Professional Development page for more information on the available PD options and dates. Other PD dates are to be determined (start and end dates will vary based on regional school schedules).
Orientation. Those hired as master teachers will be employees of the College of St. Scholastica and will participate in a 2 day orientation workshop May 29 - 31, 2020 (location TBA), accommodations, and meals will be provided by CSAwesome.
Funding. Master teachers will receive stipends for PD and academic year support.
Application Deadline. Apply by March 15, 2020 11:59PM PST.
More Information and To Apply. Please review the detailed job description, qualifications, and time frame here before applying. After reviewing the document, click the link at the top of the document to begin the application.