The AP Computer Science A Exam assesses student understanding of the computational thinking practices and learning objectives outlined in the course framework.
- 3 hours long
- 40 multiple-choice questions (90 mins)
- 4 free-response questions (90 mins)
- Students can use the Java Quick Reference Sheet during the exam
If you will be teaching the AP CS A course in your school during the next academic year, you must complete the AP Audit process. Completing the audit will give you access to the brand new materials that the College Board will release including Personal Progress Checks.
- The AP Audit process will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
- The AP Audit User Guide contains step-by-step instructions.
- During the AP Audit process, you can:
- Submit Textbook: Be sure to select 'AP Endorsed Provider Resource CSAwesome CSA' as the textbook you will use.
- Adopt a Syllabus: Be sure to select the official and approved CSAwesome syllabus from the list.
Play the video below to watch a walk-through of the AP Audit process.
During the CSAwesome PD, teachers will learn how to complete the AP Audit process and how to access AP resources including AP Classroom and secure practice exams.